Rainwood Lane Stormwater Improvements
- Storm Drainage System
- $3,000,000 - Probable Construction Cost for Lower Audubon Drive Included in North Ridge Phase IV & V
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- Brown and Caldwell, Inc. - Engineering Consultant
Anticipated Project Schedule:
- 1st Quarter 2015 – Complete Review of 65% Design Plans for Entire Project.
- 2nd Quarter 2015 – Complete Review of 100% Design Plans for Entire Project, Phase Projects and Begin Easement Acquisition Phase.
- 3rd Quarter 2015 – Advertise Phase IV of Project for Construction.
- 4th Quarter 2015 – Start Construction for Phase IV of Project (Anticipated).
- 3rd Quarter 2017 - Advertise Phase V of Project for Construction Pending Approval of FY 18 Budget.
- 4th Quarter 2017 – Start Construction of Phase V of Project (Anticipated).
Design includes the installation of a 48 and 54 inch reinforced concrete piping system in the vicinity of 1201 Rainwood Lane and a box culvert system 4 feet high and 4 feet wide near 1208 Rainwood Lane. The outlet of the box culvert system will be at the rear of the property at 1208 Rainwood Lane. This installation will be in addition to the existing storm drainage pipe in the street resulting in a parallel system with more capacity. In addition to the stormwater system upgrades, sanitary sewer main replacements will occur to bring the sewer pipe up to City of Raleigh standards and to move portions of the main out of conflict with the stormwater system upgrades. Project location is noted in an overall project location map for the Northern North Ridge set of stormwater projects.
The goal of the project is to reduce the frequency of street and right of way flooding by providing a 10-year level of service for Rainwood Lane. This means that the street will not over-top in the storm event of a magnitude expected to be equaled or exceeded once on average in a 10-year period. in addition, the project will reduce significant private property yard and structural flooding.
|1st Quarter 2015||Complete Review of 65% Design Plans for Entire Project|
|2nd Quarter 2015||Complete Review of 100% Design Plans for Entire Project & Phase Projects|
|2nd Quarter 2015||Begin Easement Acquisition Phase|
|3rd Quarter 2015||Advertise Phase IV for Construction|
|4th Quarter 2015||Anticipate Start of Construction Pending Approval of FY 18 Budget|
|3rd Quarter 2017||Advertise Phase V for Construction Pending Approval of FY 18 Budget|
|4th Quarter 2017||Anticipate Start Construction of Phase V|
This project is one of several similar projects located along the northern tributary stream to the upper North Ridge Country Club Lake within the North Ridge Community. It is located in the Perry Creek Watershed. A history of flooding events in the area resulted in public meetings in April and June 2006. An engineering study was completed in December 2006. Although there are no known structural flooding problems along the street the potential exists for the street itself to overtop. The engineering study recommended improvements to the existing undersized storm drainage system.