Information Technology Department
To successfully integrate people, process and technology by fostering partnerships and consistently delivering solutions that serve as the foundation of City operations.
We promote technology to improve economic development, social growth and efficiencies in the delivery of City services as a basic citizen expectation.
In the News
- City of Raleigh Takes Open Technology to the Limit
- The Citizen Experience Takes Center Stage in Raleigh
- Improving the Citizen Experience: Q&A with Gail Roper
- NATOA Names NCNGN the Community Broadband Project of the Year
- City of Raleigh Website Receives 2013 Best of the Web Award
- Open Data Portal Wins National Web 2.0 Award
- Raleigh Receives Eight 2012-13 Technology Solutions Awards
- Raleigh Participates in North Carolina Next Generation Network--NCNGN
- Raleigh Connected Seeks to Promote Workforce Training
- Program Makes Teens Tech Gurus
The Raleigh Connected initiative seeks to promote economic growth and digital inclusion through workforce training and widespread Internet access.Learn more about Raleigh Connected
Digital Connectors is a national movement of young people dedicated to improving themselves and their communities through technology and community service.
Learn more about Digital Connectors
Open Raleigh is a listing of open data sets, web and mobile applications, and opportunities to share ideas and collaborate with the City and the Raleigh community.Learn more about Open Raleigh
Geographic Information Services
Geographic Information Services (GIS) develops and maintains online mapping applications, and maintains hundreds of layers of GIS information.Learn more about GIS
Raleigh Convention Center Technology
The Information Technology Department uses industry best practices to achieve maximum Green benefits in all aspects of technology operations.Learn more about the Green IT Program