Information Technology Department
To successfully integrate people, process and technology by fostering partnerships and consistently delivering solutions that serve as the foundation of City operations.
We promote technology to improve economic development, social growth and efficiencies in the delivery of City services as a basic citizen expectation.
In the News
- Interactive Map Helps Raleigh Residents with Zoning Changes
- Advocacy Groups Push Coding as Core Curriculum for Schools
- Big data in Raleigh: Opening up and reaching out
- FreeWheeling NC wins local CityCamp event
- City of Raleigh Takes Open Technology to the Limit
- The Citizen Experience Takes Center Stage in Raleigh
- NATOA Names NCNGN the Community Broadband Project of the Year
The Raleigh Connected initiative seeks to promote economic growth and digital inclusion through workforce training and widespread Internet access.Learn more about Raleigh Connected
Digital Connectors is a national movement of young people dedicated to improving themselves and their communities through technology and community service.Learn more about Digital Connectors
Open Raleigh is a listing of open data sets, web and mobile applications, and opportunities to share ideas and collaborate with the City and the Raleigh community.Learn more about Open Raleigh
Geographic Information Services
Geographic Information Services (GIS) develops and maintains online mapping applications, and maintains hundreds of layers of GIS information.Learn more about GIS